Specifications of MV Augusta Turismo Veloce 800
Engine & Gearbox
|Engine Description||4-stroke, transverse 3-cylinder DOHC|
|Displacement||798 cc/ 48.6 cu-in|
|Max Power||92 KW / 125 hp @ 11,600 rpm|
|Max Torque||81 NM / 8.25 kgf-m @9,600 rpm|
|Cooling System||Liquid Cooled|
|Final Drive Ratio||12/41|
|Gear Ratio||1st=13/37, 2nd=16/34, 3rd=18/32, 4th=19/30, 5th=21/30, 6th=22/29|
|Clutch||Wet, multi disc with mechanical drive Cassette Style|
|Top Speed||149 mph|
|Induction||Integrated ignition – injection system MVICS with three engine control unit Eldor EM 2., throttle body full drive|
|Ignition||Multipoint Electronic Ignition|
|Battery||12V – 8.6 Ah|
Breaks & Tires
|Front Brake||2 x 320 mm floating discs 4 piston calipers|
|Rear Brake||Single 220 mm disc 2 position caliper|
|Front Tyre||120/70 – ZR 17 M/C (58W)|
|Rear Tyre||190/55 – ZR 17 M/C (75W)|
|Front Wheel Size||R17|
|Rear Wheel Size||R17|
|Front Wheel Travel||160 mm / 6.30 in.|
|Rear Wheel Travel||160 mm / 6.30 in|
|Rim Front||Aluminum Alloy 3.50” x 17”|
|Rim Rear||Aluminum Alloy 5.50” x 17”|
Suspension & Chassis
|Front Suspension||43 m Marzocchi “upside-down” telescopic hydraulic fork with rebound-compression damping and spring preload external and separate adjustment|
|Rear Suspension||Progressive Sachs, single shock absorber with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment, single sided swing arm material aluminum alloy|
|Seat Type||Kevlar Seat, Single Seat|
|Frame||ALS Steel Tubular trellis (MAG welded) Rear swing arm pivot plates material Aluminum alloy|
Dimensions & Weight
|Overall Length||2080 mm|
|Overall Width||900 mm|
|Ground Clearance||140 mm / 5.5 in|
|Trail||108 mm / 4.25 in|
|Seat Height||870 mm / 34.2 in|
|Wheelbase||1420 mm / 55.80 in|
|Dry Weight||194 kg / 427.7 lbs.|
|Fuel Capacity||20 liters|
|Alternator||350W 5000 rpm|
The Veloce 800 is considered one of the best bikes and is adored by many riders for its speed. It falls unarguably on the sports category of the bikes with a hi-tech feature. The Veloce 800 can also shines on the handling and the performance department. It is an overall balanced bike and the performance of this bike in the roads is amazing. It gives a perfect balance between comfortable and sporty design. This bike made to handle the extreme limits of speed. Reviewer callthis bike a the “Jack of All Trades” since it excels on all the fields like touring, handling, commuting, etc. Some riders even call it the race-touring motorcycle.
The bike has a real sporty and an elongated feel to it as the total length of the bike sits at 2080mm. The bike has the ground clearance of 140 mm and the seat rest at 870 mm above the ground. It roughly weighs around 194 kg. The bike has the fuel capacity of amazing 20 liters.
The engine for the MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 is 798 cc on the displacement with the max power at about 125 HP at 11,600 rep and give a max torque about 81 NM at 9,600 rpm. The engine actually gets better ad the actual rev climbs higher and higher. The torque curve is really unmistakable. The engine is liquid cooled and is a 4-stroke 4-cylinder DOHC. The max speed this big engine can give is 19 mph.
The front brakes given to this bike is a 2 x 320 mm floating discs with 4 pistons caliper and a single 220 mm disc 2 piston caliper for the rear. These can be considered the well-fitting brakes for this bike, especially considering its tremendous speed even though they are not of the highest quality.
The front suspension for this bike is a 43 mm Marzocchi upside- down telescope hydraulic fork with rebound-compression damping. And, it has progressive sachs, single shock absorber with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment on the rear end. These suspensions are amazing and of the most amazing in terms of quality. These suspensions provide an overall great balance to both the bike and the rider.
There are many things to be considered as the pros of this bike.
- One of them is the styling. The bike has very ergonomic, sporty and a streamlined body. The equipment placement management is on the spot and don’t feet clutter at all.
- It has an auto-clutch that actually works. The auto-clutch on this bike includes a Smart Clutch System which features a hi-tech Rekluse clutch, which means that the rider need not to hold the clutch of he/she does not desire to.
- It also has a powerful acceleration which sits among the fastest. It has the max speed of 230 kmph.
- One of the cons for this bike could be the uncontrollable dash that it gives on the acceleration and on the top speeds.
- Other could be its back seat height. It sits way high at about 870 mm above the ground and it gets even higher on the tail side which could be uncomfortable for some riders.
- The front brakes are too powerful and may feel a little grippy or a too much traction on the front brakes.
Pricings of the MV Augusta Turismo Veloce 800
- The Veloce Augusta costs a staggering amount of Rs 58,00,000 in Nepal.
- The bike costs about Rs 19,00,000 in India.
- And in the US, it costs about $21,000.
You might also like MV Augusta Brutale 800 RR . Click here to check it out.