Specifications of Ducati Monster 797
Engine & Gearbox
|L-Twin cylinder, 2 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, air cooled
|Electronic fuel injection system, 50 mm throttle body
|73 HP @ 8250 rpm
|67 NM @ 5750 rpm
|Number of Cylinders
|Valve clearance check
|12.000 km (7,500 mi)
|Maintenance Service Intervals
|12,000 km (7,500 mi)/12 months
|Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.85:1
|Number of Gears
|APTC wet multiple clutch with mechanical control
|1=32/13 2=30/18 3=28/21 4=26/23 5=22/22 6=24/26
|Chain; Front sprocket Z15; Rear sprocket Z46
Breaks & Tires
|2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M4.32 calipers, 4-pistons, axial pump with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
|245 mm disc, 1-piston caliper with Bosch ABS as standard equipment
| Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 120/70 ZR17
|Pirelli Diablo Rosso II 180/55 ZR17
|10-spoke light alloy, 3.50″ x 17″
|10-spoke light alloy, 5.50″ x 17″
Suspension & Chassis
|41mm Upside Forks
|Sachs mono-shock, pre-load and rebound adjustable
|Tubular steel Trellis frame
|2-1 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes, single stainless-steel muffler with aluminum cover
|Front Wheel Travel
|130 mm (5.12 in)
|Rear Wheel Travel
|150 mm (5.91 in)
Dimensions & Weight
|Fuel Tank Weight
Instrument Console Features
|Low Oil Indicator
|Low Batter Indicator
Comfort & Convenience Features
|Step-up Seat/Split Seat
|Engine Kill Switch
Ducati Monster 797 Monster 797 is one of the best-looking bikes out there. The color choices of the white and red for the accents and the black tyre color combination just looks perfect. The Monster 797 weighs just under 193 kgs which makes it one of the lightweight and pleasing bikes. The lightweight also gives it more agility for the runs. It has a firm suspension however it is mainly designed to give it more of a sporty look. The air-cooled Desmodue V-twin produces about 80% of its peak torque at 3500 rpm.
Monster 797 has one of the greatest build qualities ever. The air-cooled engine makes for a long with the service intervals at 7500 miles, which reduces the cost extremely however the cam belts needs changing every 15,000 miles. It has a very high-end quality finishing. There is no need for any traction control or power modes of the Monster 797. It uses a USB port under the seat. The Monster 797’s multimedia system can be modified however the inverted forks are nonadjustable. It has a naked body type and the fuel type it uses is petrol. The Ducati Monster 797 came in the shades of Star White Silk, Dark Stealth and Ducati Red.
The Monster 797 is considered as an entry-level motorcycle of the Ducati Monster Series which carries the engine from Scrambler lineup and a double-sided swing arm as a cost reduction technique. It is considered one of the most affordable Monster bikes from Ducati which rivals against Z900, Benelli TNT 899 and KTM Duke 790
- Ducati Moster 797 is mainly praised for having one of the best-looking designs and a heavy duty and premium looking structures. The build quality is solid, meaning the overall design and the build of the bike just looks sturdy stunning and premium. Also, the finishing of the Monster 797 looks and feels high-end.
- The Monster 797 mainly stands at a high-end of the price spectrum, so it is nowhere near the price range of an average buyer. But buyer do get the good value for the money.
- The bike is focused on delivering a sporty look with its aerodynamical specs and the designs. The Monster bike very ergonomically and is very comfortable to ride on. It has a sturdy look to it, and it is very well-balanced especially on the freeways at near top speeds. The suspensions on tis bike is also pretty good
- The braking system is exellent considering its top seep and is acceleration. The semi-floating disc brakes are easy on the tyres.
- One of the biggest turn-offs for the buyers could be the price point on his bike which starts at no less than Rs 21,00,000. This is not the bike for the people who are going on a budget.
- Another down point for this bike could the limited sales of the Monster 797 and the very few service outlets for the bike.
Pricings for the Ducati Monster 797
Ducati Monster 797 starts at the steep price of Rs 21,00,000 in Nepal. The start price of Monster 797 in India is Rs 7,77,000 to 8,03,000. The Monster 797 costs around 7,995 in the US.
You might also like MV Augusta Brutale 675 . Click here to check it out.